BEPS is an Indefinite Quantity Contract (IQC)-type
project that provides specialized technical support. As part
of its core contract, CAII and its partners conduct activities
in each of the following technical areas:
- Educational policy appraisals and/or
- Short-term training events in policy dialogue,
reform, basic education, and crisis country activities;
- In-country, regional, or US short-term training activities;
- Pilot projects, feasibility studies, and applied research;
- Education reform activities in crisis countries.
In addition, BEPS provides general and administrative support,
including widespread information dissemination and collaboratory
efforts with other projects, donors, and organizations.
BEPS interventions can also involve buy-in from USAID
or global bureaus. USAID missions, regional bureaus and/or
global bureaus first identify educational needs and draft
a scope of work, which is submitted to BEPS. In response,
BEPS drafts a proposal broadly outlining an approach, timeline,
key personnel and budget. Upon reaching agreement with
the requesting USAID office, the BEPS proposal becomes
order. The BEPS team fields staff, manages, and monitors
activities in close collaboration with USAID.
Core vs. Buy-in-support
How to Request Support